When people are unhappy with their smiles, they can be self-conscious or unsure of themselves, especially around people they don’t know. What’s more, people who have low self-esteem may have a difficult time making a good impression on a potential employer. It’s time to live life to the fullest! Learn how cosmetic dentistry can change your smile and your life.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Can Change Your Smile and Your Life
Being proud of your teeth shows in the ease and comfort of your smile. On the flip side, having stained, crooked, or missing teeth can lead to an uncertain grin. But don’t despair! You can leave all of your dental concerns in the past with cosmetic dentistry.
Cosmetic dentistry can:
- Improve your self-esteem
- Improve your self-confidence
- Improve your attitude
- Reduce your self-consciousness
- Ensure that your smile makes a great first impression to people you meet
There is no single treatment plan for a perfect smile. That’s because everyone’s plan is different based on their individual needs and preferences.
Services Offered at Smiles in Buckhead
Smiles in Buckhead can improve the size, shape, color, and alignment of your teeth through cosmetic dentistry. Check out some of the services we offer!
- Used to restore chipped or broken teeth, as well as stained teeth.
- Can be used to adjust the shape and appearance of teeth.
- Can also be used to protect tooth roots which are exposed when gums recede.
- During the dental bonding procedure, a tooth-colored resin is applied to the surfaces of the teeth. The resin is then hardened with a specialized light.
- Also called ‘porcelain veneers’ or ‘dental porcelain laminates’
- Veneers are thin, custom-made shells which are placed over the front of a tooth.
- Can be used to adjust the shape, appearance, length, or size of the teeth.
- Because veneers are made of porcelain, they mimic the natural appearance of teeth very well.
- Dental crowns are essentially caps which are shaped like teeth that rest on top of the tooth to the gum line.
- Caps are placed over the tooth in order to restore shape, strength, and size.
- Dental crowns can also improve appearance.
- Also known as ‘re-contouring’.
- Enamel shaping is performed when you have a rough or chipped spot on your tooth.
- A quick and easy procedure which can make your teeth appear and feel better.
- The procedure aims to remove a small portion of the tooth’s surface in order to achieve a smoother appearance.
- Dental braces straighten teeth over time by using one of several types of hardware.
- Orthodontics can straighten and realign teeth, as well as treat irregular teeth.
- Depending on your age and the placement of your teeth, braces may take 18 – 24 months to work.
- Teeth whitening refers to any procedure which lightens the coloration of the teeth.
- Many treatment options for teeth whitening are available, whether over-the-counter or in a dentist’s office.
- Teeth whitening is not permanent, and needs to be repeated every 6 – 24 months depending on your oral hygiene and eating/drinking habits.
- Especially effective in front-facing teeth, as the color and shade can be closely matched to the rest of your teeth.
- Dental composite fillings are used to fill in an area where a portion of tooth was removed.
- Composite fillings bond to the tooth, providing superior long-term tooth support.
- Can be used to repair chipped, broken, or worn teeth.
- Also known as ‘gum reshaping’.
- A perfect solution for people whose gums rest too low or too high on their teeth.
- Can normalize an uneven gum line.
- A dental implant acts as replacement tooth root when a single tooth must be extracted due to damage or injury.
- Most often, a tooth-shaped crown is placed on top of a dental implant to replace a missing tooth.
- Dental implants can also act as support for dentures or dental bridges.
- Dentures are small, custom-made appliances designed to replace gaps between teeth.
- Dentures come in either full or partial styles. Full dentures replace entire rows of teeth, while partial dentures replace several missing teeth.
- Both full and partial dentures are removable.
- Bridges, like dentures, replace gaps of several teeth.
- Dental bridges are installed on a dental implant and are not removable.
- Can last for 15 years or more, depending on usage and care.
- Gum grafts are a type of surgery performed when the gums recede from the teeth.
- Helps with the appearance of teeth, as exposed tooth roots can look unattractive.
- In a gum graft procedure, tissue from another part of the mouth is used to cover the exposed tooth root.
- Smile makeovers include a combination of treatments to restore a smile.
- Can include whitening, reshaping, filling, crowns, and bridges among many more.
- A smile makeover aims to optimize the appearance of your smile based on both your facial appearance and preference.
Smiles in Buckhead
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to help you achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of. Looking to improve your smile and your life? Visit Smiles in Buckhead! Our friendly staff and doctors are excited to help you and improve your confidence in your smile. Contact us today!Share